Limited edition of 2,700 pieces
Japan Domestic Model is ONLY 700 pieces
Before we get into the new Seiko 5 Sports line-up, we are excited to informed you Seiko enthusiasts that this whole new collection are available as JDM (Japan Domestic models)! These JDM collection is denoted with the "MADE IN JAPAN" at 6 on the dial. And good news are that we at Japan-select provides these JDMs Seiko 5 Sports for all of you. The difference might be subtle, but this means a lot for Seiko collectors.
Seiko 5 Sports introduces a limited edition model in collaboration with Japan’s leading skateboarder Yuto Horigome.
SKATEBOARDER: Yuto Horigome
Born on January 7, 1999, in Tokyo, Japan, Yuto Horigome, influenced by his father’s legacy, started skateboarding at the age of six.
He has been skating vert ramps since he was a child, and from his early teens has been in the top ranks of domestic competitions held in Japan.
After graduating from high school, Horigome moved to the U.S., where his talent blossomed further. Within a year of his 2017 debut in Street League Skateboarding (SLS), the world’s top skateboarding competition series, he won first place in three 2018 SLS stops and became one of the top skateboarders in the world.
In 2019, he became the first Japanese skateboarder in his discipline to win the X Games, in Minneapolis. Horigome also won the 2019 SLS Los Angeles Stop and took second place at that year’s World Championships. In 2021, after the season was suspended due to COVID-19, he won the World Championship for the first time. And in 2023, he became the first Japanese skateboarder to win at the Tampa Pro, one of the oldest skateboarding contests in the United States.
Black coating is applied to the stainless steel case and bracelet for the first time in the SKX GMT series.
The navy and purple colors of the bezel display evoke the sunset in downtown Tokyo, where Yuto Horigome spent his early days practicing skateboarding.
The watch is offered as a limited edition with Yuto Horigome’s signature on the exhibition case back, alongside the words "LIMITED EDITION" and the serial number.
The watch comes in a special box with Yuto Horigome's signature and "YUTO HORIGOME LIMITED EDITION" printed on it.
- Caliber Number: 4R34
- Movement Type: Automatic with manual winding
- Power reserve: Approx. 41 hours
- Jewels: 24
- 24-hour hand (dual time display function)
- Stop second hand function
- Case Material: Stainless steel (hard coating)
- Case Size: Thickness:13.6mm, Diameter:42.5mm, Lug-to-lug:46.0mm
- Crystal: Hardlex with lenses
- LumiBrite: Lumibrite on hands and index(es)
- Clasp: Three-fold clasp with push button release
- Distance between lugs: 22mm
- Water Resistance: 10 bar
- Magnetic Resistance: 4,800 A/m
- Weight: 161.0g
- LIMITED EDITION on the case back
- Serial number engraved on the case back
- Rotating bezel (24-hour display)
- Three-fold clasp with secure lock
- See-through & Screw case back