SEIKO PROSPEX DIVER SCUBA SBDX053 / SLA065 SAVE THE OCEAN LIMITED EDITION 1965 DIVER'S MODERN RE-INTERPRETATION MADE IN JAPAN JDM
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Feb 2023 Release
Limited edition of 1,300 pieces
Japan Domestic Model is ONLY 200 pieces
The design shape is inspired by Seiko’s 1965 Diver’s watch – Japan’s first ever Japanese 150m Diving watch, worn by members of the Japanese Antarctic Expedition from 1966 until 1969.
This watch combines the past and future – taking Seiko’s important heritage of diver’s watches with inspiration from underwater archaeology; whilst focusing on preserving cultural history for future generations, as part of the ‘Save the Ocean’ initiative.
This watch is powered by the in-house Automatic 8L35 calibre movement, designed specifically for diver’s watches with its accuracy and durability, manufactured and hand-finished in the Seiko Watch Corporation’s Shizukuishi Watch Studio.
Inspired by the ancient ‘Astrolabe’ – an instrument once used to show the positions of the sun and stars to measure latitude and time – the striking underwater blue cross-line design with lumibrite indices on the dial are complemented by the Zaratsu-polished rotating bezel, curved sapphire glass and a deep blue silicone strap.
Each watch is sold with a limited edition special box.
Prospex is a combination of the words ‘Professional’ and ‘Specifications’. These timepieces are designed to be practical, reliable and durable within extreme or everyday environments, for experts, sports lovers and adventure seekers alike.
Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
- Caliber Number: 8L35
- Movement Type: Automatic with manual winding
- Precision: +15 to -10 seconds per day
- Power reserve: Approx. 50 hours
- Jewels: 26
- Stop second hand function
- Date display
- Case Material: Stainless steel (super hard coating)
- Case Size: Thickness:13.1mm, Diameter:41.3mm, Lug-to-lug:47.6mm
- Crystal: Dual-curved sapphire crystal
- Crystal Coating: Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- LumiBrite: LumiBrite on hands, index(es) and bezel
- Band Material: Silicone
- Bracelet Length: 210.0mm
- Distance between lugs: 20mm
- Water Resistance: 200m / 660ft diver's
- Magnetic Resistance: 4,800 A/m
- Weight: 112.0g
- LIMITED EDITION on the case back
- Serial number engraved on the case back
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Screw-down crown
- Screw case back